Not since Garth Brooks jumped off the stage and into peoples’ hearts has the country scene delivered such riveting entertainment as southeastern Michigan’s Alan Turner and his Steel Horse Band. His connection with his fans makes him stand out, and his rugged good looks and rich baritone vocals often have him touted as “Tim McGraw with a Toby Keith attitude.”
Alan found his love of music at a very young age. By six years old, Alan’s mother, a Sunday school teacher was teaching him to read music and play piano. Alan’s father, also a singer /songwriter, was a constant inspiration until his death when Alan was just ten years old.
“Shortly before his death, my father had given me Kenny Roger’s album, The Gambler,” Alan explains. “I think it was the combination of my father’s musical influence and that old vinyl record of Kenny’s that led to my love of country music.”
This love is visible in Alan’s music in the way he delivers each song on stage. That love came full circle in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2010 when Alan and the band had the honor of meeting Kenny Rogers and being his direct opening act.
All across the USA and into Canada, Alan and the band have been thrilling crowds with distinctly high energy country with a pumping rock n roll sound that no one delivers better. From Alan jumping off the stage to sing and dance with the fans, to the driving beat of a very confident and talented group of musicians, you definitely don’t want to miss a show. The Steel Horse Band consists of: lead guitarist J.T. Monroe, Randy Lopez on the bass guitar, Billy Lee on keyboards, and drummer Dave Piotrowski. Heather Nicole also adds her angelic voice as background vocalist on selected dates. They truly have made their mark as a band to be reckoned with.
With a nonstop performance schedule of over 134 performances a year there is no sign of slowing down. Look for Alan Turner and the Steel Horse Band to be performing at venues near you. This is one cowboy you don’t want to miss!
- Wayne Newton, Las Vegas entertainment legend, recording artist and actor
- Tom Tesnow, The Magazine Of Country Music
- Tony Loicono, producer of several TV shows including "Faithful Friends" aired on the Animal Planet network
- Ray Pletcher, former front man for the 1970's Detroit based rock band "NITRO"
- “Alan Turner is very talented, he’s very good…he can really sing!”
- "Alan and the band deliver an energy packed, modern country show sure to blow the boots off any music lover of any age"
- "I was blown away by the raw energy of Alan and the band. I've been in this business for over 35 years and I know talent when I see and hear it...and he has it"
- "I'm an old time rock n' roller, not country...this band is pure talent, the kind that can sustain time"